It's been 25 days since my full knee replacement surgery and everything is going great. About 75% of the swelling is gone and I have 113 degrees of bend in the knee joint (107 degrees passive and 113 under stress). I'm walking without help from a walker or cane. And the best part is that I'm able to drive my Ford Diesel PU. It is a standard transmission and has a clutch. Some of my friends that have had this operation told me it would a couple of months or more before I could push the clutch in and drive. It took 23 days for me. I don't have to get someone to drive me and my boat to the lake to go fishing. I can do it myself. The first week I was in "laa land" and I would not have given you a plugged nickle for the second week...but that 14 day mark is magical. It has been great since then. I went back to work after 2.5 weeks and everything is great. I'm so glad that I chose Dr. Dersam to do the surgery and that I traveled to the valley to have it done. I have no pain in the knee joint and haven't since I came home. To quote others who have had it done...."I shouldn't have waited this long to do it."
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment