Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tuff Job....but someone has to do it.


Like the Gov. of California once said..."I'm back!" After spending 9 days on the road atttending training sessions and conferences for the district...I'm back! Only for a little while. I will be on the road 14 days this month. I'm learning more and more about such things as State Chemical Abuse Grants, Safe & Drug Fee Schools Grants, Special Education, AIMS Testing, School Resource Officers, and how to help kids become better readers. There are many times that I sit in a session with "cognitive overload." On the good side....I'm really building up points with my Starwood Preferred Guest card and my Delta Sky Miles card (more trips to Memphis). After two years of 20+ nights stay at different Sheraton Hotels I may have enough points to buy a soda or something. I also get to see my grandchildren (at least those of the male gender + two adorable girls and those who don't live in Memphis) each time I travel to Phoenix....that is the "best" side. Maybe things will slow down in October and I can stay home more.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Well, do whatcha gotta do to get more trips to Memphis I say! (and don't forget about Southaven, MS too)

Joy said...

That sounds like a waste of our hard-earned taxpayer money! But I guess it's ok since it lets the grandkids see ya more!

Robert said...

You have a delightful blog Dennis. To whom did you sell the shaved ice business? I appreciate you and Mary for being such good neighbors and Bishop to my mother. Our daughter Holly graduated from UNR in Dec. BS in Public Health. She is applying to grad schools now. Joanna and I are moving from South Jordan, UT to Franklin, TN. Joanna is already there.