Monday, November 19, 2012

Letchworth State Park...

 Our group took a trip (about 1.5 hours) to Letchworth State Park.  The people in New York call this the "Grand Canyon of the East."  Having lived in Arizona for the past 42 years, I think that is a bit of a stretch.
 We felt like Lilly Tomlin when she would sit in the oversized chair on the TV show "Laugh-In."  I know my kids will not have a clue what I mean by that. 
 This is how deep the canyon is.  We are on the west rim of the canyon.  There is a small amount of water now...but in parts of the year there is much more.
 This photo is too dark to look nice.  It is a photo of the falls that is located at the south end of the canyon.  I need to lighten it a bit with my Nikon program.
 This is a restored home that is now a restaurant.  The cool thing is that you have to pay $8 to enter the park...but if you eat here they will give you the $8 back toward paying your bill.
Another dark photo of Mary istting by the falls.

0 comments: