Last Saturday Mom and I, along with Elder & Sister Halterman (from St.George area) took a drive that Sister Bingham (Safford) told us about. It was a beautiful drive up to Sodus Point. This is an old light house that sits on the edge of Lake Ontario. The lake is only a 30 minute drive from Palmyra.
This is a view of the front of the lighthouse. It now serves as a museum. We were all too cheap to pay the $4 they wanted to go inside. It was just fun to walk around it and see the manicured grounds.
This is a picture of Mom and I standing next to Lake Ontario. I call it a "lake" with tongue in cheek. That is the biggest lake I've ever seen. You can't see the other side...even with binoculars. I could get sea sick on this lake!
This is a picture of a flock of swans that were in the water the day we were there. It was neat to see that many swans out in the wild.
Here is a close-up of one of the swans. He looked the meanest and was acting "really tough" when we walked down to the edge of the lake. He figured it was his beach and was trying to scare us off.
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment